Our new rotational axis allows the transfer of extremely sophisticated forms, finest cut-ins, delicate profiles, and small radii and surfaces onto round pieces completely contactless, i.e., without exerting any force onto the workpiece. The rotational axis is employed wherever small, fine punctures or small flanging radii cannot be achieved by mere turning or round grinding.
The rotational axis offers major advantages, in particular for grinding wheel dressing tools, by allowing the transfer of profiles with very delicate inside radii of, e.g., r=0.05mm. This procedure results in profile accuracies in the µ range with high true running accuracy. The process works on electrically conducting workpieces only. Another advantage is that EDM grinding also prevents heat introduction during the working process. As a result, the material’s structure remains unchanged, which frequently occurs when employing turning or round grinding processes.
- High profile accuracy in the µ range
- High concentricity (0.002mm)
- Extremely delicate contours possible
- Deep, precise cut-ins in round parts with slots of less than one-tenth mm width
- Finest inside radii (r=0.05mm) in cut-ins in round parts possible
- Surface finishes of Ra 0.1
- Various surfaces and widths across flats in different angles may be machined
- No pullout from the bonding matrix components while dressing the grinding wheel
- Machining of special materials possible such as ceramics or hard metals
- Machining or dressing of CBN and diamond grinding wheels (substrate and axis must be electrically conductive)
- Other machinable materials such as hardened steel, alloyed steels, stainless steel (Inox), and non-ferrous metals can be processed