Our new high-precision, micro-range sinking EDM machine allows us to apply electrical discharge machining to obtain minute, fine cavities, slots, and contours of all types. As a great advantage over traditional die sinking processes, it permits tiny flanging radii of less than 0.02 mm using fewer electrodes. Consequently, our production costs less, while boasting higher productivity. The extremely high repeat accuracy delivers the perfect machining precision needed. The superior surface quality and highest exactitude result in the most sophisticated workpieces even when employing microelectrodes. By producing 3DS surfaces, the injection moulded plastic parts have improved anti-marking characteristics and an adaptable gloss level. Moreover, the 3DS surface process reduces the adherence of the plastic parts inside the tool during moulding. This, in return, aides the removal speed during moulding. Reduced adherence means reduced accumulation of residues within the tool during moulding. This means less downtime and fewer costs with improved productivity.
- Surface roughness of up to Ra 0.08
- High level of accuracy for the specified forms
- Superior surface quality
- Smallest flanging radii even with deep cut-ins of less than 0.02mm
- Machining of special materials such as ceramics or hard metals
- Other machinable materials such as hardened steel, alloyed steels, stainless steel (Inox), and non-ferrous metals may be processed
- 3DS surfaces boast the following advantages:
- The appearance and quality is distinguished by adaptable gloss levels of the plastic parts and improved anti-marking characteristics
- Special advantages due to reduced adherence of the plastic parts in the moulds, which can shorten the mould removal cycle times
- Fewer residues in the injection moulding tool equal a reduction of cleaning and maintenance times and costs for the injection mould tools with less supervision by your personnel.